Now is the time to stick together as a community and keep each other fit and warm. This Sunday, 11th November is our Winter Nourishment Day, last community event at Shillingford Organics this year. A day for the community to celebrate its knowledge of local, seasonal food, health and well-being.
Please bring your winter nourishment tips to share, be it mindfulness, medicinal tea recipes to fight off colds or flus, or even your top warming, winter meal repretoir to share.
- As well as a community learning circle on the day with ( the art of smudging, mushrooms as super food, bone broth, etc.) there will also be:
- Sauerkraut making workshop with Trang from Eat Real, Be You
( please bring your own jars and chopping knives)
- Yoga for children with Karolina (bring your own mats).
- How to make comfrey oil to nourish hair and skin with Issabelle from Bella’s Beauty Oil.
- Garlic planting in the fields with Shillingford Organics growers in the afternoon.
- A healthy, organic and freshly made lunch will be avaolable ( £3/adult, £2/child to cover costs).
Admission is free for all, booking is essential here please.
Fresh produce will be available on the day for wholesale price, please bring the right cash.
Please consider cycling, or car sharing, otherwise limited parking is available on site, look out for our ushering volunteers upon arrival to direct you to the right place.
Program on the day:
10-10.30 welcome and refreshments
10.30- 11 Sauerkraut making workshop
11.00-12.00 Winter nourishment circle including:
Yoga for children
Make your own skin/ hair oil
Mushroom as a super food
How to make Kvass, the winter tonic
making sage salt
Making no-bake souerdough bread
12.00-1.00 Lunch ( winter nourishment circle continues)
( a chance to stock up on fresh winter produce on wholesale price)
1.00-2.30 garlic planting with growers Chloe and Dave ( bring come in wellington boots, and bring your garden gloves)
hope to see you all.