Home-ed groups are running on Friday mornings. Staring the year with 'Miracle catchers' in the spring, to witnessing the fast growth of the Summer during 'Growing from the Ground up', reaching the autumn with its abundance on the 'Harvest Season', then all the way to witnessing light withdraws and nature getting ready for the cold weather during 'The Winter is Coming'
'The Winter is Coming' groups are available for booking now.
During 'The Winter is Coming' 7-week course, children will be celebrating the advent of Winter, witnessing light and the different shades of green withdrawing and explore wild life and how it prepares for the cold weather.
Children will go on exploration walks around the farm, spot wild life, harvest and taste different Winter crops, look after farm school chickens, and much more:
- Planting Trees, winter oriental salad, pak choi, eary broad beans and flowers for the spring
- Carry on harvesting tomatoes, kale, chard, beetroot, winter salad and last but not least the forgotten Christmas fruit medlars.
- Carry on seed saving.
- Protect the soil by covering with compost
- Harvesting winter crop, leeks, cauliflowers, cabbages, purple sprouting broccoli, and red/ white cabbage.
- Digging a mini pond in the polytunnel
- Making home/ shelter and provide extra food for wildlife
- Making Winter crafts using twigs and hedge plants
- Looking after our chickens and keep them safe
- Explore different ways of preserving food, cooking, fermentation, and drying.
Snacks of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables will be offered to the children, hot drinks available for parents/ carers. Children will also harvest, prepare and cook a Winter nourishing meal to share on the last session.
Very limited number per group is available so make sure you book a place well in advance so you don't miss out on our summer Season abundance. Places available are per child, siblings under 5 join us for a £2 contribution per session, siblings under 2 are welcome to join us for free.